Code Climate is the world’s largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers across thousands of engineering teams improve their people, processes, and code. Since our founding in 2011, we’ve developed a strong brand catering to forward-thinking software organizations.
Leading our content marketing, you’ll help extend our position as as a thought leader within the software development community. In the process, you’ll grow our audience across multiple channels and drive demand for our product offerings.
This role is ideal for a great reporter and writer with an entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in marketing and software, who is looking to accelerate their career by having a major impact on a rapidly growing business.
While we are seeking someone to manage our content marketing, our ideal candidate has a skill set that includes journalism and writing.
Compensation range: $65-75k annual salary, dependent on experience, plus equity.
Examples of problems you'll be solving:
- Working with the leadership team to develop a high level content strategy, then translating it into a content calendar and milestones.
- Publishing unique, original content on our blog each week, by reporting and writing articles yourself as well as coordinating and editing content produced by internal and external contributors.
- Producing a weekly email newsletter highlighting perspectives and lessons for engineering managers based on independent research and interviews.
- Transforming content pieces into other formats (tweets, slide decks, downloadable guides) to maximize their impact.
- Building our audiences on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Tracking the quantitative success of our content marketing efforts and using data to drive continuous improvement.
You're awesome because...
- You're optimistic and enjoy collaborating with a small, growing team. You're a natural doer with a bias for action, who can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a world-class communicator and clearly and succinctly express ideas with conversation, writing, and whiteboarding.
- You’re creative and able to transform non-fiction topics into engaging content.
- You are comfortable writing about data and basic statistics concepts like medians, modes, and means.
- You have at least four years of professional experience, including at least two years being responsible for regularly producing content on a deadline.
- You have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a subject involving significant writing (e.g. journalism, English).
- You have a deep interest in technology and are looking forward to quickly learning about the field of software engineering.
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around twenty people who enjoy what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Take advantage of a change of pace of during our regular hack weeks and occasional company retreats
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.