Code Climate is the world’s largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers, and thousands of engineering teams improve the efficacy of their people, process, and code. Our customers are prominent and forward-thinking software organizations, and they challenge us to build a better product every day.
We recently launched our second product, Velocity, to great fanfare. With these broadened ambitions, we're looking for an entry-level product manager to join our lean and talented team. In this role, you will be expected to make significant contribution on our mission to provide superpowers for engineering teams.
This role is ideal for someone with a strong technical background transitioning into product management. You will have a great opportunity to grow in our collaborative, nurturing culture by solving challenging problems.
Examples of problems you'll be solving
- Working closely with our VP of Product to develop a complete understanding of our users’ challenges and curate a set of features to address their acute needs.
- Partnering with designers to craft consumer-grade user experiences for our customers, while executing user testing to refine and validate product ideas and UI.
- Collaborating with our engineering team to decompose seemingly-big projects into a series of small, manageable chunks, shepherding them through the develop process and delivering them to our customers.
- Elevating the role of both qualitative and quantitative data in the product planning process and throughout the organization to support continuous improvement. Establishing clear, measurable goals to assess product success and driving awareness of our successes and failures. (Bonus points if you're handy with SQL.)
- Setting the product quality bar and clearing it with every experience we deliver.
You're awesome because...
- You are the number one champion of the user within your organization. You represent their voice in strategic discussions and tactical decision making and go the extra mile for their benefit.
- You're optimistic and enjoy collaborating with a small, growing team. You're a natural doer with a bias for action, who can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You are excited to develop your craft in product management, and eager to learn both product management techniques and agile methodologies from seasoned product managers.
- You are comfortable working closely with software engineering teams. You speak their language and understand the challenges they face. Engineers want you on their projects.
- You are a world-class communicator and clearly and succinctly express ideas with conversation, writing, drawing and perhaps even some coding.
- You have a BS degree in a technical discipline (e.g. computer science, engineering, math, statistics, economics), and/or meaningful exposure to software development processes and tools like GitHub.
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around twenty people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Take advantage of a change of pace of during our regular hack weeks and occasional company retreats
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.