Code Climate is the world’s largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers and software engineering leaders across thousands of engineering teams improve the efficacy of their people, process, and code. Our product suite helps run software engineering teams -- from improving the developer’s day to day experience to providing engineering leaders with intelligent data to help them make important decisions.
We will be successful by enabling customers to gain massive value from our company.
- Our vision in Customer Success is to make our customers heroes, to wow our Customers, and to be known as the best Customer Success organization in the business that delivers business outcomes our customers love.
- We want Customer Success at Code Climate to be more than just a department, we want it to be embedded in our culture, and to make it a key differentiator for us as a business. We are looking for a senior executive who not only knows how to drive success for our customers, but also knows how to embed customer success into the very fabric of our DNA as a company.
- We know we will be successful by building company value through high revenue retention, low levels of churn, and high levels of expansion
We are passionate and dedicated to our customers’ success. Our customer success team is a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and evolving group responsible for nurturing and growing relationships. We engage with end-users and executives alike to ensure our customers love, adopt, and grow with Code Climate.
This role reports to the CRO.
- Set the overall vision and strategic plan for the Customer Success Org that drives product adoption & leads to outstanding customer experiences.
- Build and lead a world-class team, including teams in Customer Support, Customer Success Management, Customer Resources, and Technical Services across multiple market segments that live Code Climate’s values.
- Work closely with sales to deliver business outcomes that align with customer expectations.
- Achieve key metrics demonstrating success: high renewals, low churn, excellent product usage, and an ever-growing growth in upsell closed opportunities.
- Serving as the Chief Customer Advocate and infusing the voice of the customer into the product roadmap
- Deliver a best-in-class onboarding experience. Ensure effective facilitation of an onboarding experience delivered in a way that connects our customers' challenges and needs to the true value of our product, while building confidence in their purchase.
- Drive adoption, usage, and engagement throughout our customer base.
- Expand the lifetime value of the customer through delighted customers, high customer health scores, references, testimonials, and high levels of customer advocacy.
- Address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate.
- Develop and define customer success reporting to the executive and other relevant teams helping to ensure customer success is a Code Climate-wide priority.
- Customer-centric mindset and passionate about customer success
- Ability to enroll and drive customer focused initiatives cross-functionally
- Proven operator with a track record of creating a clear vision and successfully building scalable operations to onboard, retain, and delight customers on a SaaS platform
- Experience building and leading multiple customer-facing teams with strong customer empathy and a focus on driving platform adoption, engagement, and advocacy
- Confidence leading and facilitating change management, educating a new market, creating strategic roadmaps and architecting solutions for customers that get buy-in from all stakeholders, and implementing highly complex systems
- Outstanding people leader with demonstrable commitment to the ongoing professional development of team members
- Excellent executive-level communication skills both with customers and internally
- Experience developing key business metrics and a track record of consistently delivering against targets in a fast paced, growth environment
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Exceptional decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Experience creating process and insuring that processes as executed match process design
- Passion for quantitative approaches to operations and customer success
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or related area
- MBA preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of software engineering, devops, continuous development a plus
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around 40 full-time people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and maternity/paternity leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee and 50% of dependent EPO premiums, as well as a portion of PPO premiums for employees and dependents. Dental and vision premiums are covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.