Code Climate is the world's largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers, and 1,000's customers improve the efficacy of their people, process, and code. Our product suite helps run software engineering teams--from helping developers improve their day-to-day experience to providing engineering leaders with intelligent data for better decision-making.
We’re looking for an experienced, West Coast US-based Technical Account Manager to execute on a wide variety of customer technical enablement efforts with our largest and most strategic customers, ensuring they launch Velocity successfully, adopt it widely and are continually driving business value from Velocity.
In this role, you will partner very closely with our Senior Customer Success Manager to develop deep customer relationships with a small set of large, strategic accounts. This is an opportunity to contribute significantly to the Customer Success organization of a fast-growing, market-defining company. While you build relationships with engineering professionals, you will also be contributing to the strategic direction of the organization as a whole.
- Work alongside our Customer Success Managers to engage customers during their post-sales onboarding process
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with customers by gaining a deep knowledge of their business, organization, and data to help empower them to realize the full value of the Velocity platform
- Work one on one with individual teams and groups within customer organizations to diagnose and help resolve issues pertaining to the software development life cycle
- Consult with clients on custom, actionable insights to drive initiatives through analytics, benchmarks, and insights
- Gather requirements, write specifications, and help create custom reports and dashboards based on client executive leadership needs
- Shape the direction of the product based on your conversations and experience working directly with customers.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role
- Experience rolling out SaaS applications at large companies and driving data-driven transformation
- Experience working with SQL, Excel, and other business intelligence technologies to create impactful data visualizations, custom reports and dashboards
- Experience educating customers on technical products/solutions and coaching them on industry best practices
- Demonstrated on-time, on-budget completion of project deliverables
- Has worked with multiple stakeholders and has managed large enterprise processes
- Is technologically curious and is interested in learning more about how great software is built.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and honestly. Customers trust you.
- Outstanding customer relationship building skills
- Can demonstrate expert troubleshooting skills.
- Pays great attention to detail.
- Creatively solves problems when the answer isn't obvious -- getting in the weeds doesn’t scare you.
- Ability to travel and work onsite with customers (post COVID-19, safety permitting)
- Ability to thrive in a remote working environment
- Experience with Jira
- Experience supporting data or analytics products
- Project management skills; PMP Certified a plus
- Deep knowledge and understanding of modern software development methodologies and best practices
- Prior work driving change management initiatives within large technical organizations
- Prior experience working in a consulting role a plus
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around 40 full-time people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and maternity/paternity leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee and 50% of dependent EPO premiums, as well as a portion of PPO premiums for employees and dependents. Dental and vision premiums are covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.