Code Climate is on a mission to bring transparency, alignment, and efficiency to every software engineering organization. Our Engineering Intelligence products help run software engineering teams -- from improving the developer’s day to day experience to providing engineering leaders with intelligent data to help them make important decisions. We are backed by leading venture capital firms including Union Square Ventures and Foundry Group.
We’re looking for our first full-time Head of Talent and People to manage our recruiting and HR function as we embark on another year of 100% headcount growth (we are currently around 55 people.)
As Head of Talent and People, you will act as a champion for company culture and help build the company’s infrastructure for hiring, developing, and retaining world-class talent to support the company’s growth. You will partner with department leaders and managers to help build and support their teams. You will be responsible for all human resources, recruiting, training & development activities at the company.
Examples of problems you’ll be solving
- Building and leading a world-class talent and people management function, with a focus on recruiting and onboarding talent
- Managing in-house and external recruiters
- Partnering with team leads and managers to evaluate current team structure and skills, org design, talent gaps and hiring plan to achieve business goals
- Leading performance review and feedback process to drive a culture of feedback and learning
- Prioritizing a diverse and inclusive company culture through recruiting, training, and policies.
You're awesome because...
- You have an interest in entrepreneurship, high-growth environments, and are comfortable with risk
- You are equally comfortable in finding and recruiting top talent as you are in designing and implementing HR programs
- 5+ years of experience in people operations or HR function at a mid-sized startup, with time spent focusing on both recruiting and HR
- Passionate about putting people and culture at the center of the company’s strategy
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience with HR-related qualifications
- Superb communication and coaching skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around 50 full-time people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and maternity/paternity leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee and 50% of dependent EPO premiums, as well as a portion of PPO premiums for employees and dependents. Dental and vision premiums are covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.