Code Climate is the world's largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers, and thousands of customers improve the efficacy of their people, process, and code. Our product suite helps run software engineering teams — from helping developers improve their day-to-day experience to providing engineering leaders with intelligent data for better decision-making.
We launched our second product, Velocity, to great fanfare. Looking at the exciting journey ahead, we are very thrilled to recruit more engineers to join our mission to provide superpowers for engineering teams.
We're looking for collaborative, detail-oriented people who are ready for a challenge. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to take significant ownership of technical projects that will drive the success of the overall business. Successful team members bring strong product and technical acumen, combined with the ability to move fast (and fix things).
Examples of problems you'll be solving
- Improving user experiences that software engineers and engineering teams depend on during their day-to-day workflow
- Leading architecture discussions during feature development to ensure that projects are built in a sound, reliable, performant way
- Mentoring other engineers on best practices for software engineering
- Optimizing the performance of components for both latency and throughput
- Monitoring all of the above in a scalable way (We all do ops, so we depend on automation)
- Guiding incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts
- Contributing to and collaborating on open source software
You're awesome because…
- You have 10+ years of software engineering experience and are comfortable writing code in Ruby as well as at least one statically-typed language like Java or Go.
- You are comfortable leading architecture planning and discussing trade-offs between engineering and business goals.
- You have experience with data pipelines, distributed systems, and/or large-scale data processing.
- You care about building maintainable, efficient, clean code.
- You care deeply about uptime and reliability.
- You love helping other developers work more effectively and have Open Source contributions that show it.
- You are able to take responsibility for projects end-to-end from idea to completion.
- Other people at the companies you worked for wanted you on their projects.
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around 50 people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Take advantage of a change of pace during our regular hack weeks and occasional company retreats
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending tech conferences.
- Interact with our software developer customers regularly, on GitHub, Twitter, at conferences, etc.
- The best technology to get your job done. A new laptop of choice, and (practically) whatever else you need.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.