Code Climate empowers software engineering organizations to achieve excellence across people, process, and code with data-driven insights. Our Engineering intelligence products are trusted by thousands of organizations- from enterprises to startups - helping align engineering initiatives with strategic priorities, accelerate software delivery, and drive continuous improvement.
Code Climate is based in New York and was founded in 2011, by engineering leaders who were frustrated by decisions being made in the dark or by gut instinct. Code Climate envisions a world where technology leaders can drive business success through increased transparency, efficiency, and actionable data. Since the launch of our company, our automated code review tool, Quality, has helped over 100,000 developers improve their code bases. After nearly a decade, we launched our flagship product, Velocity. Velocity enables technology leaders to make confident, data-driven decisions that fuel elite team performances at scale.
Code Climate operates in a very technology + developer-heavy space. If you are a talented data-driven design lead who thrives in both the tactical aspects of UX / Design and the execution of Product Design artifacts like user Interfaces and design systems, then you have our attention.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will help define our design vision through the right use of methodologies, tactics, and approaches to building great SaaS software that not only delights, but redefines how engineering teams get work done efficiently. We’re not looking for you to help establish or follow a “design process.” You will be directly responsible for helping us stand up a design practice that believes great design is a framework to solve complex and hypothesize viable solutions. In this role, you’ll lead and evangelize user-centered and design thinking best practices along with making the necessary trade-offs to ensure we iterate quickly and validate often.
Examples of Problems You’ll Be Solving:
- Collaborate within close proximity to and embedded within multidisciplinary product and engineering teams.
- Work alongside other Team Leads, Product Managers, and Engineers on iterative improvements and feature implementation.
- Master both and be able to quickly pivot from the tactical aspects of critical UX and design thinking to hands-on product design (Steward of our Design thought leadership and guardian of our Design System).
- Leverage a combination of design facilitation and hands-on UX Design, UX Prototyping, and UI design to deliver solutions to problems we frame as a team.
- Work through delivering on artifacts that help create alignment and generate consensus among various stakeholders and cohorts.
- Help shape our practice’s tactical and operational capabilities.
- Mentor junior designers in their practice, prioritization, strategy for career alignment and growth.
You’re Awesome Because:
- You have prior experience working on SaaS products and a deep understanding of the SaaS business model.
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing digital products.
- You have at least 4 years experience working with Design Systems, UI Libraries in Figma, or Sketch.
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record shipping interaction design work for SaaS applications that includes testing and validating your design decisions.
- Your product design / UI design chops come from experience iterating fast by validating quickly and often.
- You understand when to leverage scrappy UX Research methodologies with more formal research means to quickly generate actionable results without sacrificing sprint velocity or the validity of the research.
- You give and receive feedback well, and support and improve the work of your colleagues.
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment start-up.
- Worked on technical products and data visualizations.
- Solid understanding of atomic UI design principles.
- You use mind maps and other artifacts to audit, understand and abstract data models, process flows, and other complex data entity relationships.
- Have a good understanding of information architecture principles for interactive experiences designed to facilitate workflows and bring about operational efficiency.
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or tools for Engineers and Engineering Managers.
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, Upclick, Plural Sight, or Azure.
Working at Code Climate
- New York-headquartered startup with a hybrid working environment.
- Fast paced, high growth, start-up full of talented and mission driven individuals that love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
Backed by leading VC firms, including PSG, Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and NextView Ventures, Code Climate has raised $66M in funding to date having closed a Series C round in August 2021.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.